COLLECTION NOTICE – FOR RESILIENCE BUILDERS
This Collection Notice sets out the matters described in Australian Privacy Principle (APP) 5.2 (as part of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)) as they relate to Resilience Builders (RB) when we collect personal information about you.
- Purpose of Collection
RB collects personal information about you primarily to:
- provide you with the goods, services and information that you request from us; and
- provide you with information about RB’s products and services.
If it is reasonable to expect that we would use or disclose your personal information for purposes which are related to the above primary purposes, we may also use or disclose your personal information to:
- assist you with enquiries or complaints;
- develop and improve our customer service;
- promote, advertise and market any of our products and services, including to invite you to seminars or events hosted by RB;
- to comply with our legal obligations (including to comply with any law or any lawful request of a law enforcement agency or government authority), resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our clients and enforce our agreements with third parties; and
- inform you of developments at RB and other services that we can provide.
We may from time-to-time use de-identified information gathered in the course of our personality profiling for inclusion in case studies. This information will not identify you.
Information collected through our website (www.resiliencebuilders.com.au) may be used by RB for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic, trends and delivering personalised content to you while you are at our website.
We may otherwise use your personal information to comply with any law, and to comply with any lawful request of a law enforcement agency or government authority.
Where possible, we will provide you with a choice to opt-out of any of the above and any of our marketing activities. We will respect your request to decide whether or not to receive these marketing communications.
- Type of personal information collected and consequences if personal information is not collected
In general, you can assume that we may collect the following personal information about you:
- email address;
- telephone number and other contact details;
- passport details;
- details of the products or services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries; and
- your travel details in connection with any product or services we are providing to you.
We may also collect health and/or medical information about you, including in relation to medication, previous medical conditions or problems, and hospital stays. This health and medical information will be ‘sensitive information’ (as that term is defined in the Privacy Act). By providing personal information to us, you consent to us collecting sensitive information about you in connection with your participation in a Resilience Builders program.
If you do not provide the necessary personal or sensitive information, we may not be able to provide you with certain goods, services or information that you have requested from us, in particular we may not be able to facilitate the conduct and operation of a consumer program or relevant training program for you.
- How we collect personal information
In the course of providing you with products and services, RB collects personal information in a variety of ways. Unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so, we collect your personal information from you directly.
RB may collect personal information about you:
- when you book or make enquiries in relation to a Resilience Builders program and provide us with your personal information in order to facilitate that trip;
- when you visit our website, resiliencebuilders.com.au;
- when you make an enquiry about our products and/or services;
- when you become a client or debtor of the company;
- when you acquire goods through our website or otherwise; and
- when you supply goods or services to us.
We will take reasonable steps to let you know when we have collected your personal information, unless it is obvious from the circumstances that you would know or would expect us to have the information.
- Sharing of your personal information
We may also disclose your personal information to:
- external providers of services that we may use to operate our business and manage our business systems (for example, this may include market research analysts, file storage service providers, database and mailing service providers, couriers and/or freight service providers, printers, call centres, providers of payment processing and identity verification services and IT technicians who may need access when providing on-site support (although it is our practice for them to work under supervision);
- our professional advisors and agents; or
- our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners, including our contracted agents in Nepal.
We may disclose your personal information to these third parties so that they can assist us with providing the best possible service to you.
Those companies will be permitted to access only the personal information they need to deliver the service to RB or to you. RB takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
Personal information that we hold about you may be held on servers located in Australia or in the data centers of RB’s outsourced data processors with data centers in the USA and other countries. We may transfer data outside of Australia to our service providers in order to obtain secure storage, back-up and data retrieval services. RB takes reasonable steps to verify the security arrangements of its outsourced data processors. In addition, we may provide your personal, including sensitive, information to our contracted agents in Nepal.
When you provide us with your personal information you give us your consent to store your personal information outside of Australia for the purposes described above and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that overseas recipients handle that personal information in compliance with the Privacy Act.
We are not otherwise likely to disclose information to overseas recipients unless it is with your consent, or the disclosure is required or authorised by law.
The privacy and collection practices of entities to which we disclose personal information are governed by their own privacy policies and collection notices.
We will not otherwise disclose information about you unless the disclosure:
- is required or authorised by law; or
- you have consented to our disclosing the information about you.
- Contact Us
Our contact details for any issues in relation to privacy are via the Contact details on the Resilience Builders website. Use this form and ask to make contact with our Privacy Officer.