Our Tasmanian based Resilience for Teens programs provide young people with a solid grounding in effective resilience building strategies they can use for life. Positive health and wellness strategies are also a strong focus. This program is also designed to give participants an incredible life experience. The rugged and stunning Cradle Mountain wilderness region of central Tasmania is the perfect setting for this unique 4-day learning adventure.
- Improved capacity to bounce back when things get tough
- Increased self-awareness and resilience
- Enhanced empathy and humility
- Relevant and practical health and wellbeing strategies
- Introduction to effective leadership skills
- Building and developing resilience – practical application of strategies that work
- Leadership skills for young people – regular challenges and activities
- Understanding and applying tools to develop resilience
- Problem-solving activities
- Engagement and communication without devices
- Teamwork challenges and activities
- Daily reflection and journal writing
Morning flight to Launceston airport > Transport by private vehicle to Waldheim Cabins, Cradle Mountain. Afternoon and evening activities. Overnight at Waldheim Cabins.
Waldheim Cabins > Ronny Creek to Cradle Mountain with activities and challenges throughout the day > Cradle Mountain return to Baden Powell Memorial Lodge > Evening reflection, facilitation and journal writing.
Baden Powell Memorial Lodge > Cradle Mountain plateau / Barn Bluff with activities and challenges throughout the day > Return to Baden Powell Memorial Lodge > Evening reflection, facilitation and journal writing.
Morning activities at Baden Powell Memorial Lodge then return to Ronny Creek > Private transport from Ronny Creek to Launceston > Afternoon flight from Launceston to home city.
- Program led by elite sports coach David Buttifant & Everest summiteer Nick Farr
- Build resilience in a stunningly beautiful, rugged and undistracted environment
- Outstanding operational safety record and protocols
- Expert advice with preparation, clothing and equipment
- 4-day Resilience for Teens program in Tasmania
- 1-night accommodation at Waldheim Cabins
- 2 nights accommodation at Baden Powell Memorial Lodge
- All transfers in Tasmania by private vehicle
- Hire sleeping bag, sleeping mat, fuel stove, fuel and cooking pot
- Cradle Mountain / Lake St Clair National Park permit
- Return economy airfares to Launceston (allow $250+ ex-Melbourne)
- Personal food for duration (assembling it forms part of syllabus – allow $130)
- Travel insurance
Dates / Book Now
This course can be offered almost year-round, however winter makes for a more challenging experience
You can register your interest via our Contact page or call us on 1300 852 287