Our Tasmanian based Resilience for Teens programs provide young people with a solid grounding in effective resilience building strategies they can use for life. Positive health and wellness strategies are also a strong focus. The rugged and stunning Cradle Mountain wilderness region of central Tasmania is the perfect setting for this unique 4-day learning adventure.
- Improved capacity to bounce back when things get tough
- Increased self-awareness and resilience
- Enhanced empathy and humility
- Relevant and practical health and wellbeing strategies
- Introduction to effective leadership skills
- Building and developing resilience – practical application of strategies that work
- Leadership skills for young people – regular challenges and activities
- Understanding and applying tools to develop resilience
- Problem-solving activities
- Engagement and communication without devices
- Teamwork challenges and activities
- Daily reflection and journal writing
Morning flight to Launceston airport > Transport by private vehicle to Waldheim Cabins, Cradle Mountain. Afternoon and evening activities. Overnight at Waldheim Cabins.
Waldheim Cabins > Ronny Creek to Cradle Mountain with activities and challenges throughout the day > Cradle Mountain return to hut accommodation > Evening reflection, facilitation and journal writing.
Hut accommodation > Cradle Mountain plateau / Barn Bluff with activities and challenges throughout the day > Return to hut accommodation > Evening reflection, facilitation and journal writing.
Morning activities then return to Cradle Mountain Visitor Centre > Private transport from Cradle Mountain Visitor Centre to Launceston > Afternoon flight from Launceston to home city.
- Program led by elite high-performance coach David Buttifant and Everest summiteer Nick Farr
- Build resilience in a stunningly beautiful, rugged and undistracted environment
- Outstanding operational safety record and protocols
- Expert advice on preparation, clothing, and equipment
- 4-day Resilience for Teens program in Tasmania
- 1-night accommodation in cabins
- 2 nights accommodation in huts
- All meals during the program
- All transfers in Tasmania by private vehicle
- Cradle Mountain / Lake St Clair National Park permit
- Learning syllabus and workbooks
- Daily physical and emotional check-ins
- Return economy airfares to Launceston (allow $250+ ex-Melbourne)
- Personal equipment*
- Travel insurance
* Equipment hire is available i.e. sleeping bag, sleeping mat, backpack